Legal Separation Attorney in Connecticut
Divorce vs Legal Separation Laws in New York?
Legal separation occurs when two people remain married, but live apart from one another. This may be due to the fact they do not wish to fully commit to a divorce or because of religious or moral purposes. Understanding the difference between divorce and legal separation can often times be confusing. Although they share many similarities, it is important not to confuse the two.
The similarities include:
- Paperwork must be filed whether you are getting a divorce or a legal separation;
- The court plays an important role;
- Both spouses live separately from one another; and
- Parenting plans, property division, child custody/support, alimony and so forth are established.
The differences include:
- Both parties are allowed to remarry when they get divorced;
- In a legal separation, both parties are still legally married and unable to marry anyone else;
- A legal separation is less permanent than a divorce and thus it can be reversed if both parties wish to try out their marriage again.
No matter the reasons behind a legal separation, a divorce attorney can help. Our team of representatives at Happy Even After is determined to provide you with the necessary tools and resources needed to tackle your case involving legal separation.
Whether you have questions or you are in need of resolving your important matters, look no further. Call now to schedule your initial consultation!
Want to know how to file for a legal separation?
If you are interested in learning more about legal separation, or you are interested in getting started with the paperwork, our divorce lawyers can help. We have the extensive knowledge and resources needed to address your specific legal concerns and are determined to provide you with the compassionate and exceptional counsel that you deserve. Our law firm understands that legal separation may not be an easy topic to discuss. We can steer you towards peace of mind and break down the complex terms involved.
Call Happy Even After to determine if legal separation is the right decision for you and your spouse!
We are child-centered.
We stand against unnecessary conflict.
We offer legal strategy coupled with mindset coaching.
We honor the emotional journey of divorce.
Our unique client portal allows you to access your file and communicate with our office right from an app on your phone.